• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wipers, Mind of its own ?

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
During last weeks rains, i was a bit frustrated to find out my wipers aren't working right.

My XJ has the intermittent wipers. When i push the tab for wipe/spray, sometimes the wipers will actuate and sometimes they wont regardless of how i push the tab but never any spraying.

If i set the wipers to any speed they actuate once and usually they wont again unless i move it to another speed where they will repeat this motion of moving once and stop.

I know the motors work fine, just not sure about the stalk switch or intermittent module.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Pete

probably the multi function switch (stalk switch.) Mine went out, 20 bucks later at the junkyard it was working again...

What year is yours? If you have a 95-96 you need a long shank T20 driver and a tamperproof torx bit set to swap the switch, I am not sure how to do it on 94-down and 97-up should be similar to 95-96 but may use different tools.

Its a 94 XJ.

Pete

I don't know if your 94 is like my 87, but there should be some sort of wiper control module under the dash. It's responsible for the wash function and the park/intermittent functions.

f you pull it out you can connect the harness together and bpass it. Do that and see if the wash works. If it does, you probably need a new module.
Looks like this:
http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/parts/Detailed/783.html
found just above where your left knee is under the dash, mine was velcroed to the knee panel from the factory.

probably the multi function switch (stalk switch.) Mine went out, 20 bucks later at the junkyard it was working again...

Mine died in my MJ as well, but I just installed the rear wiper switch from an XJ and wired that up. So 'wash' on the dash really does wash. It does confuse people though. :}

Back