• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CRB Bumpers

Not the prettiest looking bumper, but nice and simple.

DO NOT buy before getting a picture of the mounting brackets first. Be sure the brackets use more than the factory bolt locations - otherwise, you're just mounting a heavier bumper to the weak factory location.

The D-ring mounts have me a bit concerned too - a good recovery point connects directly to the frame mounts to some degree. These look like they simply welded them to the outside of the bumper. One good off-center pull and the weld could break, or tear from the metal. Plus, those kind of rings are noisy - clang around like a cow bell.

The front hoop and stinger they offer would be nothing more than cosmetic - and best used as a mounting place for off road lights, but they wouldn't do much for what the typical "stinger" is designed to do.

My .02 anyway.

I had emailed them quite some time ago, I was interesetd because of the price and because they're not that far away from me and I could pickup local.
I can't find the email reply, but I remember the builder stating that it bolted only to the factory 3 bolts holes, and that "it's never been a problem" when it came to recovery.
I passed, I'm not comforatble with only 3 bolts in the sheetmetal if someone's going to be yanking on it with a 20K pound strap.

Back