• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TAHUYA SUNDAY? Meet and greet?

AdamGBabcock

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, gonna be doing Tahuya this sunday if anyone's interested in meeting up. Probably going to be arriving around 10-11am and maybe having a little lunch BBQ or something mid-day with more wheelin' until something breaks. I know it's not the most challenging place but it's semi-local and free. Let me know if you want to meet up or if you'll be there. I'll be in a strange caravan of my XJ, a friends ZJ, a 4Runner, Wrangler, Truggy and big ass chevy haha. Let me know if you're interested. =)

Adam

The scoop on my jeep... I'm assuming you're referring to my last post? I haven't figure out the grinding noise yet but the alternator isn't rubbing anything, the engine mounts look good, the u joints seem normal but ages so a friend and I are going to replace them anyway and hope that fixes it. Oh, and it's not sparking properly after about 20 minutes of driving so I think maybe my coil is crapping out. I'm going to do a full tune up on payday just incase it's a plug or something. I am also having my alignment done this Friday because my bout of Death Wobble has come back and I'm nearly positive it has to be the toe and caster being off. It's so bad that I can literally see the alignment issue. This thing loves being parked on the side of the road when I'm in a hurry to be somewhere lol. I hate that it breaks down all the time but love that it's easy to fix and usually really cheap. Most of the breaking is probably my fault anyway, I've had this problem with like every vehicle I've had because I beat the hell out of them.

If you were asking the scoop on my Jeep like specs it's a '90 Laredo, red. 160k on rebuild, auto, NP231, stock 3.55s on stock d30/d35, no lockers yet. 7" lift, 35" Mickey Thompson DC's (some weird blend of MT and AT radials). Got a stinger that loves hitting things and a baby winch that'll pull me down a paved hill no problem lol. As it stands, it's a daily driver... when I get a gas saver I'll have it regeared, locked up and add some armor just in time to go and roll it somewhere haha.

No one has some spare time to eat some burgers at mud lake Sunday? I'll bring pepperjack cheese =D

Sorry, I hadn't seen my thread since the second reply... I'll check the tech area maybe it was moved. I'll definately try that though because it's cheap, easy and when I first start my jeep every now and again the wheels are hard to crank. Good input, thanks.

I like the style of trails Tahuya offers. I wish there were some more challenges though. Anyone know what area is like Tahuya but a little more advanced?

By the way, I didn't see your friends ZJ there but it was pretty crowded. While we were BBQing we got to watch people make fools of themselves. My favorite was a 70's chevy truck on 38/39's getting completely stuck. His friend in an older suburban failed terribly at towing him out with a strap and then resorted to wincing... which they ruined. Then their friend came with a big diesel truck and they broke his front axke. Haha, the only thing on a Chevy that's "Like a Rock" is it's ability to sink.

Back