• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

reinstalling spider gears into dana 35c

ryanm73

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
I tried installing a locker into my dana 35 yesterday and it turns out they sent me the wrong one (figures they are closed on the weekends so I can't do anything about it until tomorrow)....so because this is my dd i'm trying to reinstall the spider gears and clutch packs, is there an easy way to do this?
does anyone have rebuild instructions?
Oh, it's from a 91 xj ltd so it's a limited slip deal.

You may be right. I know I mentioned that it was limited slip when I ordered it and that the brake system was ABS....Can't imagine why it would make a difference though, just pull the clutch packs out and install the locker. It would mean the spacers would have to be a bit bigger. Anyways, I had a buddy stop by and tell me that there's a tool to compress one of the clutch packs to allow the spider gears room to go in. Guess I'll go up to C-tire tomorrow and take advantage of their tool share program.

Powertrax has a No-Slip available for a D35 C-clip Limited Slip carrier.

this is a unique chance to return the locker and buy one for a 29 spline 8.25, then buy a 29sp 8.25 and swap it in instead of that 35. Think twice before you polish that turd...

Back