• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wires in the battery tray?

jdxj

NAXJA Forum User
Getting ready to move my battery to the other side of the engine bay to make room for the OBA! Found 2 wires connected to the bottom of the Batt tray what are they and do I need to move them also?

My thinkin is they are some kind of wires to try and prevent corrosion or something!

I don't think it matters if there is a battery there or not. Just leave it plugged in. I bought my xj smashed on that side. The plastic that the sensor was mounted to was in pieces. Once I unplugged it I got a Check Engine Light.

The temperature sensor doesn't just monitor for a "hot" battery, as in an alarm or overheat condition, the sensor provides acurate temperature feedback to the PCM. The aternator voltage regularor is internal to the PCM. It uses the temperature to tailor the maximum charge rate for the battery temperature. The charge rate must be reduced as the battery gets warmer. If you try to run without the sensor connected, you will get a CEL.

The temperature sensor doesn't just monitor for a "hot" battery, as in an alarm or overheat condition, the sensor provides acurate temperature feedback to the PCM. The aternator voltage regularor is internal to the PCM. It uses the temperature to tailor the maximum charge rate for the battery temperature. The charge rate must be reduced as the battery gets warmer. If you try to run without the sensor connected, you will get a CEL.

K so just run the wires over to the new tray. And install it below the battery? Gona be a steel tray shouldn't matter though right?

Back