• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need advice I wanna buy this jeep

SINCITY192

NAXJA Forum User
"Needs some work as follows, a tire on the driver rear side, a window on the driver rear side, a new battery, it has a leak in the gas line, and the transmission doesnt shift out of first until the RPM's are high, then it drives right. I beleive it to be something electrical causing this problem, a sensor or something. It's a 5.2 L V8 318, full time 4 wheel drive the engine is strong and runs great. Automatic trans., leather interior, power everything, roof rack, tow pkg. (no radio) 190k miles. Body is in pretty good shape no major dents."

I found this jeep the guy wants 500 he lives close buy to me
does anyone know what im looking at to fix these problems by myself?

maybe if you listed what kinda jeep it is, people would say this is an xj forum, and xj's didnt come with 5.2l v8's.

my opinion? get a real cherokee.
190k, and a maladjusted TPS are a tiny problem on a 4.0/aw4... on a v8, i dunno.

Get an XJ if you are going to build one, this coming from a prior ZJ owner. The ZJ cost almost 1 1/2 times more to build. Trust me. For 500 you are getting a pile of junk or a real nice project and I will stress project. The tranny will most likely have to be replaced or rebuilt. The full time transfer case has a viscous coupler in it and at 190K will proply be on it's way out also.

where do i get info for a 93 grand cherekee I dont think i can pass this jeep up its my dream jeep i always wanted the newer ones and I feel like i should go for it

I see what u mean already the forum is no where near as good as the xj
I guess thats the reason i posted my question here i knew u guys would tell me the harsh truth lol I dont wanna jam myself if its a hassle and not worth it i wont waste the money i spend it on my xj instead probably some new suspension parts or some upgraded injectors from a junk yard!!!!!!
Thanks guys i appreciate the advice ill take it for sure thanks
if my xj is better then why waste my time!!!!

Back