• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Black Rock Crawler Rims

xj92

NAXJA Forum User
Where is the best place to get the Black Rock Crawler rims? I want 16x8 with 4.5" BS and the 5x4.5 bolt pattern. I've found this at 4wheelparts with 4.25" BS but not 4.5". Anybody know where to get them with the configuration I listed and/or who has them at the best price? TIA.

strange, I was told they only came with 3.75 standard backspacing. (and that was from 4wheelparts)

nice choice in wheel though:D that extra lip really helps out in some nasty situations.
be careful of the "hard core" guys around here youll get really flamed for running 'fake beadlocks':rolleyes: :D

Im still curious about why the 16"s.Although there is getting to be better selections available in the larger sizes,its still limited compared to 15"s.And you lose sidewall!

It's my DD too so I want it to still corner good (less sidewall flex)and even with 16" rims I'd have slightly more sidewall with 285/75R16's than I have right now with my 31x10.5R15's. My mind isn't totally made up, but that's definitely the direction I'm leaning. I also like the idea of having a little more room there for future steering or knuckle mods. And 4.5" BS seems to be a good amount of backspacing for still stuffing the tires inside the fenderwells but not hitting the control arms. Opinions?

I looked real serious at this too,mine came with 16's and I was running 265/75/16's till I decided to really mess things up!I couldnt find anything less than having some "custom" made ones and they were way to pricey.How much lift do you have?
BTW:I still have the complete set of 16's(wanna do some tradin)!

I only have 3.5" lift right now and I'm in the process of cutting the fenders (one cut so far) and adding another 3/4" spacer up front and a 1/2" lift block in the rear, but with the heavy new front bumper I'm putting on I'll lose some of that (in the front) so I'm figuring on 4"of lift all the way around. What are the specs on your rims (BS, width, style)?

By the way, what do you mean you couldn't find anything less than having some custom made? Tire sizes? I've bene looking and they have 245/75/16's, 265/75/R16's, and 285/75/R16's which is probably enough for me. What was the deciding factor for going to 15" rims? Cheaper tires and more selection?

They are the Factory alloys 16x7 w/5" backspace with 265/75/16 Futura MT's(Cooper/pro-comp).When I was at 5" of lift it was a perfect set-up.

I was refering to wheels,the closest thing I found was 16x7 w/4.75"BS and that was an alloy rim(not much difference).I didnt want to cut my fenders but wanted 33x10.5's(only available in a 15").It has cost me a fortune and Ive pretty much ruined one fender and its still not finallized!

Last edited:
Back