• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seafoam, which vac hose?

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
Which hose do I suck Seafoam into the help clean the vac/air system?

Is it any of these hoses? If so, which one?

mms_picture17.jpg

I'm wetodded so i'm gonna need some picture help to know which vac hose it's supposed to go into.

Thanks!

Correct. Unhook the hose at the booster and suck the seafoam up! Make sure you don't kill the engine as you feed it. Just did this to uRabbit's rig today.

Personally, I prefer using the CCV hose. Why? Because that is where 90% of the oil and crap enter the intake manifold anyway. Look for the hose from the valve cover to the intake manifold.

this is what i do, and for the same reason. although the booster hose might possibly distribute the cleaner more evenly.
Personally, I prefer using the CCV hose. Why? Because that is where 90% of the oil and crap enter the intake manifold anyway. Look for the hose from the valve cover to the intake manifold.

It is my Jeep... engine ground strap the one in the upper top right that you're referring to?

Still learning what is called what and what it's called.

Some people say Seafoam will crap up spark plugs...is there truth to this?

Just did a tune-up and would like to know.

thatd be the one, thanks for the quick mspaint!

if the picture is the OP's, he should REALLY think about replacing that engine ground strap, especially if its a renix (looks like a renix)
X2. It's a RENIX or pre-95 at least for sure, check out the brake reservoir cap. The ground strap is that braided metal strap from the firewall to the rear driver side bolt on the valve cover/head.

It is my Jeep... engine ground strap the one in the upper top right that you're referring to?

Still learning what is called what and what it's called.

Some people say Seafoam will crap up spark plugs...is there truth to this?

Just did a tune-up and would like to know.
Dunno, but at a buck or so each it's not really a wallet killer if it does.

On the 96 intake, I used my brake booster vac line too, but I don't think it goes the same place on the intake manifold, it goes to something that's closer to cylinders 4-6. I wasn't sure I got everything cleaned out of 1-3 really. I like the CCV hose idea for that reason.

I also like to spray some throttle body cleaner into the throttle body as well since the seafoam doesn't really get to that part of the intake.

I'm not computer savy enough to paint, but it enters the pic from the top about three quarters of the way from the left and runs across to the left and exits just above the air intake hose.

thats the one, while its off make sure the passage ways are clear.
ccv.jpg

• Part # 4762592 is circled in red
  • Part # 53004838 is circled in green
  • Part # 53004868 is circled in blue

• Mopar Part # 4762592 - $17.50 This only includes the rear grommet and the tube going to the intake manifold.
  • Mopar Part # 53004838 - $33.55 This is the left half of the vaccum hose harness assembly which includes the front breather hose.
  • Mopar Part # 53004868 - $24.00 This is the right half of the vaccum hose harness assembly which hooks up to the air cleaner.

there has allways been talk of seafoam doing damage, people say it can clog a cat, or get crud stuck in a valve, causing a hotspot/bad things... theres a risk.... HOWEVER, these threads about seafoam come up ALL THE TIME, and ive yet to hear first hand, of someone definitively causing damage to their 4.0's using seafoam. HOWEVER, they do make sense, so you gotta accept some risk. Also, dont do it in your driveway, my 4.0 smoked like MAD.

Last edited:
Back