• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LP30 to HP30

I'm doing the same thing in my 2000 xj I belive it fits right in no problem

Their insurance is covering the damage right? Sounds like a perfect chance to upgrade to the HP30 like you're obviously thinking... heck, if you get as lucky as I did, it might even cover gearing up and/or a locker and shafts at the same time.

(someone backed into me while parking and smashed my $50 chinese ebayed foglights and put a small dent in my bumper, insurance assessed the damage and gave me $350)

Depends. Michigan is a no-fault insurance state. I don't have collision, just liability and comprehensive. The other driver was cited for the accident and Progressive is sending someone out to look at it and answer the questions of whose paying the bill. I also noticed the drivers door doesn't seal so good anymore up in the corner by the A-pillar.

Mass is no-fault too. I have collision though.

That sounds a lot like unibody damage may have occurred... be prepared for them to total it.

Well, if they do total it, remember that you can probably buy it back. A couple guys on here have gone that route, if they don't offer you enough for it push back and get them to give you more, do the same thing with the buyback price. You'll get a salvage title, after that you can either turn it into a trail rig, restore it fully and have it retitled properly after some sort of inspection process, or part it out.

Back