• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Runnning Issues

TwoLeftShoesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I'm new to the forum so forgive me if i forget anything. I have an '87 xj, With a stock HO 4.0. The problem is that at half throttle in 2wd it acts like its struggling for fuel, or like somethings clogged and it misses and sputters, but only at half throttle, at quarter throttle and full throttle it runs fine and goes through its full power band. Any ideas? suppose to make a run to anza borrego next weekend so i need a quick fix lol. Thanks

could have a dead spot in your tps. hook up a voltmeter to it i dont remember which wires it is of the three, but you will find out when hooked to two of them they will read around .8volts. if not move to the other one. once you have found the right wires, move your throttle all the way down and watch the volts. if it drops to zero halfway then you know you have a dead spot and you need a new tps. it will most likley read .8v.....then 0.....then continue to change once you are past the dead spot.

Back