• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 4.0 throdle body on 90 motor

ciscoinnc

NAXJA Forum User
I putting a fresh 4.0 in my 90 XJ. I have a 91 intake and header ready to go on it. I know that I have to modify my power steering pump bracket. What about the EGR, can I just leave it off or do I have to use it. The XJ only has to pass a saftey insection. Will a 91 throdle body work with the 90 Renix system. If it doesn't, does anyone sell a adpapter so I can bolt my 90 throdle body to the 91 intake? What about the fuel pressure regulator, are they the same PSI year to year? I know I have to move the return line. Any other pit falls that I missed? THANK YOU in advance for any or all help.
Cisco
Hit the juice and see what shakes loose

1. You need to keep the EGR system functioning. You may not have emissions inspections yet, but there is another three letter acronym that sees them in your future--EPA. Also, discussing disabling emissions equipment on this forum will get your post deleted, and if you keep making such posts you will get an infraction and other actions may be taken by the moderators.

2. You will have to modify the Renix TPS to work with the HO throttle body. Hesco has a kit: http://www.hesco.us/shop.asp?action=details&inventoryID=45563&catId=7541 many have made their own mods, search in the modified tech forum you will get more hits and better responses--note: supposedly a 99 manifold will give you better performance. Your fuel pressure for the 87-95 is the same, and no, you keep the return line on the fuel rail.

Back