• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC track bar.

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just a quick question about the RC track bar that came with my LA kit. Why is it that RC is showing in there installation inst. the jam nut side being on the axle end? When i did mine i put the adjustable side/ jam nut to the frame side. is that right? Should i flip mine? Thanks

http://www.roughcountry.com/install/1079.pdf

ive always seen the adjustable part on the frame side????:roll:

Ok when i got home yesterday i decided to give RC a call and find out for sure. They said the instructions are right and adjustable shoud be to the axle side. It actually helped match the TB to center link angle. As far as other brands.. Not if that applies? Don't know for sure if it really did anything else as far as drivability on/offroad yet? But will know soon enough i guess.

I just installed the same RC trac bar and it fits better and has a better angle if the jam nut is on the axle side I tried both ways .

It actually helped match the TB to center link angle.
The angle doesnt change regardless of which way you mount it!

I just installed the same RC trac bar and it fits better and has a better angle if the jam nut is on the axle side I tried both ways .

Yeah,I dont see how it wouldnt bottom out on the axle side bracket if you install it per the instructions(but hey your dealing with RC).

I put mine on the other way drove it down the road, got back home looked at it again and said it looks like crap so i moved it around and now im happy with it. Like you said it is RC

I installed it with the adjustable end towards the axle and it would hit the top of the diff cover when I went over bumps... Turned it around and no more problems.

Back