• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR Rear w/carrier: Tag Light?

JeepersdoitDeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Tried using the search function but it seems to be on crack tonight. It says there are no posts about JCR. Lol

Who is using the rear bumper with the tire carrier? On the license plate relocation, what did you do about the tag light.

Pics if you have them...

The search function won't do anything with just 3 letters. I have found that if you use google, put in what you want and add naxja to the search, you might have some luck....

I don't have the JCR setup, but I do have the Detours tailbone. I welded a short piece of 3/8" stock in the center of the tire mount then fabbed a license mount with a light that slipped over and bolted to the 3/8 shaft. Wire it up and it's good to go.

Last edited:
What Id do is run it under one of the tail lights, up along the rear (d?) pillar and through the grommet into the hatch to the stock light location and wire it into there. then run the rest along the arm of the swing to wherever the light is located.

I bent a Simpson Strong Tie Strap I had laying around. Painted it flat black and bolted it to the stock licence plate mount. Got a 4 buck plate light at Auto Zone and wired it in. Oh ya, added a rubber bump stop on the end at the diver side lail light.

done!

100_0111.jpg

p.s. the 4 dollar light is starting to rust.

101_7130.jpg

I mounted mine to a piece of 1" square tubing.
Light is from NAPA. Whole deal cost me less than $10.

Do you have pics of how you mounted that?

Here's the basic rundown.
http://www.4x4xplor.com/ORO-LitePLATE.html

It comes with 2 brackets. One bracket goes behind the spare tire and has a mounting post that sticks thru the center of the rim. When you tighten the spare down, it traps the bracket. The plate attaches to the second bracket. The second bracket slides into the mounting post of the first bracket. Really easy to take on and off. I like it.

Back