• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wont shift into 2 wheel drive

kdub41

NAXJA Forum User
i have a np231 paired with an aw4 and it will not shift into 2 wheel, and yes i already checked the linkage. I even tried manually shifting it into 2 wheel and wont do it then. What i am wondering is if im stuck in 4 hi can i drive on the road just to get it to my budies house for him to fix it? just as long as a i dont take any tight turns.

Pull your front driveshaft. Then you won't have a problem.

well the only problem is, is that when they put in the front drive shaft they decided to put hex bolts on the axle yoke and i stripped one and i cannot get the ds out :( so it looks like i will have to drive it on the steet.

idk if that would be just as bad for the t case or not lol but hopefully it will do ok lol im not turning any sharp corners so it should be fine just as long as that front axle doesnt bind up i should be ok.

how far are you going? me personally, i would just drive it.

coming off of the snowy roads ive accidentally left my jeep in 4hi a couple times. going about 60 and have made it a good ways before noticing. all pretty much strait driving though. id say keep off the highway, and take it slow.

how far are you going? me personally, i would just drive it.

coming off of the snowy roads ive accidentally left my jeep in 4hi a couple times. going about 60 and have made it a good ways before noticing. all pretty much strait driving though. id say keep off the highway, and take it slow.

It's the turns that get you, front and rear drive shafts turn at the same speed part time 4hi, they are linked.

Back