• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flexplate changes

1988JeepXj

NAXJA Forum User
I can't seem to find any solid info on this, so I'll just have to ask.

I know Renix flexplates are different from HO flexplates, but are all the 90's 'plates the same? I saw an Omix-Ada (IIRC) part no. that was claimed to be compatible from '91-'99 or '00, which makes sense since '00 was the switch to distributorless. But just the same, I saw several part numbers that were '91-'95, which makes sense also because of the switch from SBEC to JTEC.

Long story short, '91 XJ cracked flexplate, what fits?

91 - manual or automatic? Since you said flexplate I'm going to assume auto.

Looks like they actually changed it again for 93, not sure why. 91 and 92 will work for you for sure, PN is 5300 6324. 93-95 might work, PN is 5211 7761. 96-99 might work but unlikely, PN is 5211 8551. After that, I didn't bother to check the catalogs.

You are correct! I didn't think to check that, now that I look it up in the database, 5211 7761 is what they'll give you at the dealership if you ask for 5300 6324.

this is good and bad, good- i can reuse the plate on my 93 in the 98, bad, have a extra set of arp bolts i have no use for

got a pic of both the rusty one is from my 98 the new one is a new factory piece for my 95, only diff i see is the holes on the left sode of each but i dont see how they affect anything, the rectangle hole on the ring for the cps are in the same spots for both plates

driveplate_002.JPG

I think those holes are just how they balance the flexplate, not sure though.

That is correct, they machine them solid and then balance them similar to a tire, and then drill/remove material to balance it.

just to let those know who may be buying a new plate in the future, the 96-01 plates cost $30 less then the 91-95 plates

Back