• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C gutting

coldforge

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i want to take all my A/C junk out but the Compressor so i ask will i lose my defrost? I was told that it goes through the a/c or something like that.

You will not lose defrost, but it will take longer to clear the windshield. Some thing to do with the dryer in the A/C system. When the air is dry(winter) it's not to bad. When it is hot & humid outside the defrost will actually fog up the windshield before it will clear it. Might be a problem for you. How do you like Ft. Lewis? JIM.

Yeah, what happens in defrost (on most vehicles, not sure if the XJ is like this specifically) is that the air is passed through the AC evap coil which forces a lot of the humidity out of it, then through the heater, which heats it back up, so the hot dry air clears your windshield faster. Without the AC you'll just be blowing normal hot air across it, which works but not as fast like Jim said.

If your AC works, why kill it? If it doesn't, you will notice no difference in your defrost, rip it all out and forget about it.

You will not lose defrost, but it will take longer to clear the windshield. Some thing to do with the dryer in the A/C system. When the air is dry(winter) it's not to bad. When it is hot & humid outside the defrost will actually fog up the windshield before it will clear it. Might be a problem for you. How do you like Ft. Lewis? JIM.

I love it up here. I was at fort stewart,ga before this and i love it alot of rain but the summers are great

Yeah, what happens in defrost (on most vehicles, not sure if the XJ is like this specifically) is that the air is passed through the AC evap coil which forces a lot of the humidity out of it, then through the heater, which heats it back up, so the hot dry air clears your windshield faster. Without the AC you'll just be blowing normal hot air across it, which works but not as fast like Jim said.

If your AC works, why kill it? If it doesn't, you will notice no difference in your defrost, rip it all out and forget about it.

SWEET! well i dont know if it does work or not lol its to cold here to use it. But i want to get rid of it in front of the raditor

I love it up here. I was at fort stewart,ga before this and i love it alot of rain but the summers are great

I was up there from 89-91. Sometimes I wish I still was. JIM.

ooo wow it has changed alot there tearing all the old buildings down with new really nice 1 person rooms with washer and dryers and alot of the old white wooden building are being replaced and rangers have new barrecks now to along with the med units.

Back