• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got to love washington bureaucracy

BenDiesel

NAXJA Forum User
well in order to transfer the title and get tabs at the same time you have to do emissions. but if your car is a odd year and you transfer it on a even year you have to do it the next year aswell. but if you transfer you title and not get tabs you dont have to have emissions done at the time, just got to sign a paper saying your just transfer title and not getting tabs. then because its a odd year vehicle on a even year you can go back the next day and get your tabs with out getting it tested....

just found this out today while trying to get title transferd today and wanted to get the testing tomorrow... go figure

i think its the dollar amount is higher

you sure? well they make stuff to put in your gas tank that will help. i was thinking about stuff for my durango lol but hey you only have 9 more years tell you dont have to anymore lol

lol ya we will see

so ya i got my tabs today. so much better then that 2.5 i had lol. it will actually go up hills

ya i lived in tumwater for 6 years before lack of jobs made me move

Come on down to good ol' Lewis County and as long as your rig is not a complete rolling catastrophy, title + tabs = no problem. A few months back, there was a crapped out Astro van running around with NO WINDSHIELD. One day as I was stopped behind it at a light, I noticed it had fresh tabs. Gotta love the backwoods mentality of this County.

Matt

technically in washington you dont have to have a windshield
just working wipers

1. The spending limit to qualify for the waiver is $150, and it has to be spent at a WA State authorized emissions repair facility, AFTER you've failed the first test.

2. The gas tank stuff is a joke.

3. If you get your odd year vehicle tested in an even year to get it licensed, just get your tabs within 364 days, the emissions test is good for a year.

I live in yakima and transferred alot of vehicles into my name over the past 4 years. Never had to deal with any type of emissions...

thats cause only a few county's in wa are emissions

Back