• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator

XJwheelman

NAXJA Forum User
I need to put in a new radiator and I want to upgrade. any suggestions?
(wasn't sure if this belonged in OEM or Modified Tech)
I am thinking of going with an aluminum 2 row. I have a 5spd so I don't have to worry about the fittings for the tranny

I just ordered a 2row all metal one from Radiatorbarn.com

Just about everyone stands by em and they got a great warranty. Not to mention it's only $161 shipped to my door.

ive got a genesis auto chinese peice, nice for the price. allthough they do ship from los angeles...

it was cheaper than $161, i know that.

I need to put in a new radiator and I want to upgrade. any suggestions?
(wasn't sure if this belonged in OEM or Modified Tech)
I am thinking of going with an aluminum 2 row. I have a 5spd so I don't have to worry about the fittings for the tranny

FOR WHAT YEAR XJ?

It is almost always necessary to provide some simple information: year, engine, trans, you know--the kind of things people might need to know to help you with YOUR vehicle.

I needed one quick.
That said, auto zones all metal , with lifetime warranty and free replacement was 110$ with tax. No shipping.

I off road, and drive hard... Runs perfect for last 2 months

yea...I guess I should have included the information. 96 4.0HO NP231 AX15.
I want to stay away from the OEM style radiator.

Ok. Better.

96 XJ you have an open system--radiator cap on the radiator, recovery bottle instead of pressure bottle.

How about a CSF 3-row core radiator, all metal (brass and copper), you can get it through DPG Offroad, a NAXJA sponsor, for about $175?

I would NEVER use an aluminum radiator in a high salt corrosion area--what do they use on the roads where you drive?

Im not really sure what the mix is but it seems that I wont be going with the all aluminum. thanks for recommending DPG though, I didn't even realize they had radiators

Not sure if they're exactly what you're looking for but Performance Radiator based out of Phoenix, AZ sells a good unit. Retail is hefty but because my dad has an account with them we put one in for about $89 I think. I think it's a brass core but not sure - it was a while ago that we did it.

I can say this though is that while I thought I would surely need to cool my Jeep with a 3 row radiator (it was always borderline overheating in Phoenix in the summer), it now never crawls past the 210 mark even on heavy hill climbs.

Back