• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

242 to 231

regal200021

NAXJA Forum User
can any one give me some info on this swap i have a jeep that has the 242 in it ... and i have a 231 i got for free can any one hlp with this swap ????

thanks

Regal

i did the same thing on my 91'. things you need to know is what type of tranny you have. i have a aw4, the 231 that came behind the aw4 has a longer input shaft then the manual version and there is a 21 and 23 spline.

well i have put it in the xj already... but the 231 got the vacum lines and the 242 dose not put every thing in and i cant get it out of 4wheel lol ... is there some thing i for got to do with the eletric part of the 242 ??? heck lol i am not sure what is going on lol

Regal

so i will need one of them vacum locker kits than to get the front end to come out of 4 wheel drive than that not to hard to do ... can u send me a link ?? thanks so far with all the help...

Regal

Back