• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IXNAY's Time Capsule Jeep

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I was cleaning the XJ out (ya, ya, laugh if you must) the other day and I found a disposable camera under the passenger seat. It was not in good shape, and it may have been submerged in water. Several times. I had a vague recollection of having bought one in my pre-NAXJA days to chronicle a Naches trip I took with a few friends when I first got my Jeep.

Amazingly, I don't have any pictures of it before it got big and burly...and dented. This might be my chance to stroll down memory lane! On a whim I went to Jiffy Photo (or something) and asked them to see if they could salvage any of the images.

Sure enough, my cheapie Kodak knock off throw away camera survived. Here's what I got:

Early attempts as posing:

adair31-R1-031-14.jpg

Playing at Naches:

adair31-R1-041-19.jpg

adair31-R1-039-18.jpg

adair31-R1-047-22.jpg

adair31-R1-057-27.jpg

Going up to the now famous shooting range at Tinkham:

adair31-R1-007-2.jpg

Rear flexes great. The front? Not so much:

adair31-R1-017-7.jpg

adair31-R1-011-4-1.jpg

Tripod!

adair31-R1-009-3.jpg

I was running a crappy Les Schwab 3" lift, used 31x11.50 Marshall Powerguard M/Ts :)roflmao:) and a front lock-rite and stock 3.07 gears :shiver:. Ah, the memories.... :D

-----Matt-----

So what's wrong with running 3" of lift, 31" tires, front lock-rite and stock gears? :banghead:

Errrr, oh wait, scratch the lock-rite, don't have that yet. :looser:

Sweet pics man. I love looking back in time....but at least you were still wheelin back then.....
439068232106_0_ALB.jpg

- Jay

You started breaking tailights right away huh?

My how the grow up.:tear:

:D

IXNAYXJ said:
So I was cleaning the XJ out (ya, ya, laugh if you must) the other day and I found a disposable camera

-----Matt-----

I cleaned mine out on sunday night, I didnt find a camera but I found 3 .270, 1 12 ga, 1 30-30, and about 87 .22 Shells scattered throughout the interior . I know you got me beat whats the final count on .45 acp and 7.62 removed?

Blkxjkrawler said:
I cleaned mine out on sunday night, I didnt find a camera but I found 3 .270, 1 12 ga, 1 30-30, and about 87 .22 Shells scattered throughout the interior . I know you got me beat whats the final count on .45 acp and 7.62 removed?

I still have dove feathers scattered in mine here and there. Probably a dozen or so various 12ga empties, some .45-70, and a million and a half .22 shells. .40 is a given, both loaded and unloaded. :D I've even got 3/4 box of orange clays.

2xtreme said:
This photo should be worth well over a thousand words to Paul!!
I think you have some explaining to do Matt?
I suppose you have learned alot since then?
Michael
Like what? Drop the toyota because eventually he won't be able to hang?

HAHA my good sir! already happened apparently. The yota broke again on Saturday when were were all out at Evans. Where was I Sunday? Wheelin you cool cats.... or somethin.

As for all the rounds....you are psychos and need to move to Michigan with all the militias.

PS Yota's fixed again I wish I had the bank account I had when I was single!

Back