• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a quick what would you do?

wannabe

NAXJA Forum User
Im hoping to get my 99 (manifold is not cracked and has the good head) 38k mi motor swapped into my 97 as early as next week and cant make up my mind on whether or not to put a header on it while its on the stand or just wait till it cracks. My thought was I can have an APN here by prob. tues and install it when I swap motors or should I wait till it cracks and save money for a clifford in the meantime. I cant really afford to drop 500 bucks right now as I'm planning my wedding. I also plan on doing a 2.5" collector back mandrel bent system with a flex joint (save the manifold for awhile?) on it some what soon (already in the budget). What would you do? Thanks

Having swapped more than a few XJ engines, I recommend putting the header on before stuffing the engine. I also run the Clifford header, just the older single outlet model. They are sweet. I bought my first Clifford header in 1968.

It is a bit trickyer to stuff with the header attached, but those header bolts can be a bitch. I also like to stuff the engine with the tranny if it is a manual. Autos line up easier than manuals so it isn't that important with an auto.

Thanks for the input. I really like the design too but I just cant afford one right now with a wedding coming up. I cant make up my mind to just pick up a cheap APN or leave the manifold since its not cracked and hope that a new exhaust with a flex joint can save the manifold for awhile till I can afford a clifford. Thanks again.

Back