• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys HD Tie Rod

FallibleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi folks, I just got done installing RustyOffroad's HD Steering setup. Everything went pretty well, except the whole steering stabilizer bracket confuses me greatly. I have seen many people clam it onto the tie-rod, yet the directions specifically say the drag link. The instructions also say that the bracket is supposed to be horizontal and parallel with the ground? I must be missing something, anyone have pictures?

Also, it comes with a black bolt. What is this supposed to go to.

\\This is the kit in question -> http://www.rustysoffroad.com/instructions/RS-SC250-UV.pdf

haha, that hardly helps. I love JCR's products, but their steering setup was more work than I can afford to put in to this project

i run the older version of this... its been on my trail rig for 3 years and was on a tj for 3 or 4 years before that. it has taken a BEATING. i went with the gopher it flip inserts and converted it to ontop of my knuckles cause i was running it into everything.

i dont run a stabilizer but when i did have it mounted it was mounted on the draglink.

as for the black bolt... no clue....

I just bought this kit as well and put it on my jeep this weekend. Unfortunately my kit was missing the plate for the stabilizer mount, so I haven't tried to put that on yet. As far as the black bolt is concerned, I think you are talking about the one with the allen key head? If so, that one replaces the stock bolt for the track bar. I think it is because it has a lower profile and therefore won't hit the new tie rod. At least that's what I used it for. A few pics in their directions would be nice though...

ah, that would make sense. I have the RE HD Trackbar, so I have no real use for that bolt. Good to know thats what its for though.

Back