• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My own craigslist story.

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
the Drivers door on my 5.9 started falling apart this week, the top hinge cracked at the door, and the Complete latch assembly broke off inside the door, everything that the latch would bolt to completely cracked and ripped out..

Found a guy parting out the same color 5.9, 150+ miles away..
Called him 3 days ago, we settled on $200 for the door and hinges..
He said he would be in my area saturday, so it was free delivery..

well.. Finances hit the fan in the last 24hours,and i really dont have the funds at this moment, so i called him and told him i would have to wait and drive down there possibly monday.

He decided he was already coming up and he had already pulled the door, so he's bringing it to me anyway, and if i believe in karma then i'll send him the money by mail when i have it..

I'm used to being haggled.. but storys like this dont happen very often:guitar:

That dude's high and will be screwed eventually.

Lol I'm not saying by you.

I never trust anyone on craigslist it cant end well.

I have met some great people both buying and selling on Craigslist.
I have met a few odd balls also, but several great people.

Why does the guy have to be "High" or and "Idiot" to be a genuinely generous guy who believes in Karma?

Would you do this for another guy on NAXJA?
Is it really that difficult to believe in Karma?
It's not like he has $200 in the door and has no other reason to be in the area.

I think it is wonderful. I also think people like this are what re-new our faith in people.

I hope it works well for you Scott.

Michael

Why does the guy have to be "High" or and "Idiot" to be a genuinely generous guy who believes in Karma?

It's not like he has $200 in the door and has no other reason to be in the area.

I think it is wonderful. I also think people like this are what re-new our faith in people.

Michael

well he is a jeep guy... I do have a soft spot for fellow jeepers.
But it is CL I have been taken for a ride my first time using it( what I was told was a WORKING 8274, was not and 8274 or working)
that's good people are still out there giving others a Brake!

I can't say I would do the same thing for CL, NAXJA yeah.

Michael

Yeah I have met good people on CL I've also had the pleasure of meeting would-be scammers. Naxja is different you will probably see that person again. CL they can fall off the earth with your 200$.
I think it's great too but it will bite him in the butt eventually.

So does this make me a fool or idiot ?? I gave away a intake manifold with fuel injectors ; Now I`m giving away a rebuildable block and head to a person that said he blew his engine . I could have rebuilt it and kept it or sold it . Yes there are a few of us out there that feel we got our money`s worth out of something and want to unload stuff one way or another :thumbup:

So does this make me a fool or idiot ?? I gave away a intake manifold with fuel injectors ; Now I`m giving away a rebuildable block and head to a person that said he blew his engine . I could have rebuilt it and kept it or sold it . Yes there are a few of us out there that feel we got our money`s worth out of something and want to unload stuff one way or another :thumbup:
Nope, its called Karma. and im the same way, I give away alot of stuff, Especielly if i post it for sale, and you take the time to come all the way out to my house, and its not exactly what i posted..

I posted shocks for sale, IIRC i was asking $75.. well had a guy (from naxja) who i've met a couple times, want to buy them, when i pulled them off i found one had been mangled.. it was beat up pretty good. The guy drove like 40+ miles.. i wasnt gonna haggle him, i immediatly said free.

Dont get me wrong, I completely agree with everyone here tho, I would not hesitate to "work with someone" from naxja, especially someone thats been on for a year+ But craigslist, i dont know.. It all depends on the flow of the communication. For me its as simple as trust your instinct.:dunno:

There's a difference between intentionally giving away and expecting 200$ for a part you already handed over to some random person on CL.

Hand some random person you don't know on the street 200$ in cash. Ask them kindly to return the cash to you in a week.
See what happens then decide how logical that decision was.

Last edited:

Michael
Well said. :thumbup:

So, Did the man get Paid?

That was very cool of him. Most of my Non-Naxja Wheeling friends have been made this way, or similar.

what man? what door? I dont know what y'all are talkin about. i dont owe anybody:rolleyes:

J/k.. yes. karma worked out for him in the end:cheers:

Back