• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock OR vs JKS BPE's

Johnnie Walker

Piece of Fish!
NAXJA Member
The iron rock ones are 10$ less, are the JKS's worth the 10$ difference?
Anyone that has run either of them.. opinions pelase. BPE is too short to search for |=

Just a different design.

Both compress the bushings to prevent clunking, and both add length.

I bought the front and rear set for my xj, and they're beefy and really nice, but then I realized that they do NOT work with OME shocks.

I returned them. But my dad has them on the front of his wj, and they seem to be fine.

Hm, IRO's site says their BPE are not compatible with OME shocks. I don't understand why, I have OME shocks and their BPE on the front of my Cherokee right now. I did order new lower bushings and replaced the original bushings cause they were worn. Maybe that's why ?

Sorry for everything being so dirty, but it shows my OME shocks with IRO BPEs.

Photo0723.jpg

The OME shocks use a pressed in bushing, which has the bar pin nearly molded into place.

The bushing is completely inside of the eye, meaning no amount of bushing sticks out past the eye, like it would in a typical hourglass style bushing.

The purpose of these is to compress the bushing, because it is OUTSIDE of the sleeve.

I was hoping to use them with my shocks, but i would have had to ruin the old bushings, probably mar th shock pretty good, and find another type of bushing, and put it all back together. I said f-it, and returned them. IRO was really cool about it.

Look at the right side.
RE6030004.jpg

I like the JKS. They are very stout and preload the bushing like it should be. It makes a nice tight mount with no noise. They are working great with my new LA shocks.

My old man emu shocks come with some type of BPE. It still uses a bar pin but the bushing is held in place, and somewhat compressed, with a c-clip. The c-clip usually failed and allowed the bushing to run off the bar pin.

Back