• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Washer Fluid Leaking

ReverendOD

NAXJA Forum User
Well it must be leaking onto the piece of the hatch above the licens plate because it has ruined the paint on that piece. I can only assume its the rain-x fluid im using and it softened up the paint and has left runs in it and white drip spots. You can actually see where the paint is grooved by the fluid. Ive tried using a polishing compound to clean it up but it doesnt seem to be working.

Man thats really sucks, who knew washer fluid would ever ruin your paint. I guess unless i can figure out when its leaking and how to stop it ill have to siphon out the fluid and use the something else. And then repaint that piece, not worried about it being body color ill just use the same paint i used ont he rear bumper (black duplicolor bedliner) or I will hit the JY and see if I can find one in the factory color.

14tbtbc.jpg

it looks like you have the 96 and up model. i have the 88 so idk if they the same but mine has this little push on plastic clamp that keeps the line tight. might check to see if thats come off

I had the same problem when I used the Rain-X fluid. It worked great on the windows but was a little rough on the paint. The strange thing is I have never actually seen any fluid on mine while parked. My theory is that the marks are caused by some residual fluid dripping out of the line after use as opposed to an actual leak.

Back