• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can anyone tell me about an engine swap 89 to 95??

COJarhead4whln

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 engine and I am looking to swap it into an 89 Pioneer. Can anyone tell me if it would be a direct swap would all the sensors work. Or would I have to modify any of the connections?
I am looking for any pointers anyone has thank you!!

if you search, you'll find many many answers... many of them specific. "renix ho swap inurl:naxja.org" on google

It's real simple to do. Swap manifolds and sensors, maybe valve cover as needed. Use your flywheel/flexplate. Use your accessory mounting bracketry. It's really quite obvious once you get started.

There is no mounting point for the knock sensor on the newer motor.

Yes there is a mounting point for the knock sensor. It's probably already tapped and if not, the hole is easily tapped. I'm in the process of doing this swap right now and have the HO on the engine stand waiting for my motor mounts to arrive.

I have a 95 engine and I am looking to swap it into an 89 Pioneer. Can anyone tell me if it would be a direct swap would all the sensors work. Or would I have to modify any of the connections?
I am looking for any pointers anyone has thank you!!

Thanks, but I am looking for answers to be more specific.

no its not a direct swap

no, not all the sensors will work. temp sending units will need to be relocated as they are in different locations.

if you use the HO throttlebody, then the renix tps will need to be modified to work. the renix tps, flywheel/flexplate, and distributor need to beswapped to the 95 HO engine.

the egr system will be deleted.

the reason i suggested searching was because this has been covered before with specific details given. why make someone retype everything when the info is already there?

Back