• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C-clips?

SINCITY192

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody know where i could get another C-clip for the steering column lockplate to keep it in place?
My steering wheel is squealing sound
thanks for the help guys

Where does it squeel? mine squeels on the first mount under the dash. rubber grommet it sits in.

Nah mines sounds like its squealing right under the wheel seems like the lockplate isn't holding down i need new c- clips i think mines is over stretched
just dont know where to get them

It's a snapring not a c-clip. A good hardware store (not home depot) should have one, but I am sure that you can get one from a JY or dealer.

state farm, why? is a accident coming

Well, you messed with your electrical and effed it up, you did your brakes and your wheel fell off, and now you are about to mess with your steering wheel\column. Just thought that I would make sure that the other drivers on the road would be compensated.

LOL
Well so far all of the above that i F' up I have fixed
including the lights it ended being the lis plate light power line was grounded s=for some odd reason i was just to inexperience to notice the problem I ended up taking my whole back harness out for a problem right in front of my face lol
but at least i fixed shorts that were on the harness it wasn't a total loss
plus i learned alot lol
by the way this isnt my first time messing with the steering column i actually change my original out already, I just need to fix some parts in the one i put in, I put it off for as ling as i could thats all
If I wanna drive my jeep I gotta work on it

Jeep part # 2925062 Available for $3.62 plus shipping at http://www.moparpartsamerica.com

BTW you have good insurance right?

state farm, why? is a accident coming

Well, you messed with your electrical and effed it up, you did your brakes and your wheel fell off, and now you are about to mess with your steering wheel\column. Just thought that I would make sure that the other drivers on the road would be compensated.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
:patriot:

the snap rings does it have to be the same kind of ring thats there now because they have assortments of c-clips in the auto store, that are flatter, but i wondered if it would serve the same purpose

like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Imperial-5915...sr_1_140?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1266779886&sr=1-140
just buy the OEM one 88 Wagonman suggested. It's 4 stinking bucks. If you can't afford that, junkyard, but if you can't afford 4 dollars why are you driving a Jeep that gets 18mpg instead of a Civic that gets 30?

*looks into the future*...

thread: HELP GUYS EMERGENCY STERRING WHEEL FELL OFF CANT STEER

Nah I think I took the steering wheel off enough to know how to handle that if it happened. (God Forbid)
actually I already ordered the snap ring Wagonman suggested it was 4 bucks plus 9.95 shipping I ordered it, it takes 7-10 business days to get here by then I could tear my column apart like 10 times
seriously i only asked cause im tryna work on it today so i can get my sticker 2morrow that all
did I upset you with another stupid post kastein?

the snap rings does it have to be the same kind of ring thats there now because they have assortments of c-clips in the auto store, that are flatter, but i wondered if it would serve the same purpose

like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Imperial-5915...sr_1_140?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1266779886&sr=1-140

No! Do not use! That is what I am talking about, if you don't know the difference and why you shouldn't use it, then you shouldn't be doing it. They are for different purposes and should not be substituted.

Nah I think I took the steering wheel off enough to know how to handle that if it happened. (God Forbid)
actually I already ordered the snap ring Wagonman suggested it was 4 bucks plus 9.95 shipping I ordered it, it takes 7-10 business days to get here by then I could tear my column apart like 10 times
Bring the same part number to the dealership and they'll charge you more, but it'll probably be there tomorrow.

... or go to the junkyard... then you get to use a junker to learn how to pull the thing out and put it back in without damaging anything.

Funny thats exactly what i did Kastein I went to a yard and pulled the Multifunction switch and took every other part that came off the column just incase i needed it
hey I got a question i also pulled the dimmer switch from the yard it has the same design as my dimmer but it has a extra metal tab will it still work in my jeep
the jeep i got it from couldnt of been more than 91 xj
i guess i try it then if not i'll put my dimmer back in
by the way the c clip from the yard is good it nice and tight so ill go and reuse it
thanks

Funny thats exactly what i did Kastein I went to a yard and pulled the Multifunction switch and took every other part that came off the column just incase i needed it
hey I got a question i also pulled the dimmer switch from the yard it has the same design as my dimmer but it has a extra metal tab will it still work in my jeep
the jeep i got it from couldnt of been more than 91 xj
i guess i try it then if not i'll put my dimmer back in
by the way the c clip from the yard is good it nice and tight so ill go and reuse it
thanks

Snap ring

OK guys I just finished a long day of working on the rig!
I changed out the Multi-function switch, and since i had the really cool black housing I swap that one in to. The first time i put the column all back together the high /Low beams still didnt work I almost gave up then I got to looking at that dimmer switch and it ended up being not the switch itself but the position of the switch.
I found out that if the position is not right then the rod will seem as if its not returning to the regular position
which is what was happening and when i adjusted it too close the rod would seize up so no on or off action at all.
I kept flicking the switch and sliding the dimmer up and down the column until
I heard the click of the high/low coming on/off
I then tightened the switch in place and re-assembled the column
and lights, camera, action!!!!
Not only does the high/low work but the squealing is gone to
just had to tighten the wheel up to 25 lbs and I was good to go
process of elimination I'm determined to get this cherokee rollin

Back