• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 disc brake write up

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
Don't think this will interest you guys very much but I have just added a write up showing a Ford Falcon rear disc brake conversion on a D44. The only difference really over a D35 I had was the need for the bearing spacers. As Ryan ( www.rawbrown.com ) had already pressed on new bearings and seals on my CrMo axles, I didn't want to risk damaging them by having to press them off to fit the spacers. So I simply split them and opened them up enough to slide over the axle before clamping them closed again. Just a little idea I came up with that might help out even on a ZJ conversion if not using the Rubicon retainers.
D44Brakes%20029.jpg

D44Brakes%20034.jpg

The brakes, wheels and near new 265/75/16 MTR tyres will be up for sale soon too.
www.go.jeep-xj.info

I kind of did the same thing. I found that 3" schedule 40 pipe had the exact OD and ID needed for the spacers so, I had the machinist at work "slice" off two .230" pieces, I split them into two pieces and welded them back together once they were on the axle (made some protective plates out of sheetmetal to keep any weld spatter away from where it wasn't wanted).----------Hans

I just cut it once but not in half. Then spread it to slide over the axle and bought it back together using a stilson. The housing of the caliper backet keeps it from expanding. ;)

Back