• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crysler 8.25

seabass1858

NAXJA Forum User
i am looking to get a new rear end. im looking for a crysler 8.25. my question is can i directly swap out a d35c lsd with an 8.25 with only changing the u bolts, or do i have to change the drive shaft out. im running 31x1050x15 firestone destination mt tires and 3.5in re lift and gonna add 2 more in of lift and 33s of the same tire when they wear out cause it looks like i got a ways to go but the rear is a definite now if its a direct bolt on.

Most likely you can get by with the D-35 drive shaft but you really need to check it out and make sure the DS does not bottom into the T-case on compression or full droop. As a rule of thumb, the axle actually moves away from the T-case on compression so droop the axle out and make sure it does not bottom out then either.

U-bolts are the only other thing you will need.

With the lift, you should be fine, at stock height I would think that the d-shaft would bottom out.

Back