• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Infinity Sound System Specs

I have been unable to find this info either on the site or via google.

FWIW, the FSM doesn't appear to have it either; I just checked.

What are the Amplifier output and speaker ratings for the Infinity system
found in the 2000 XJ?

I can't remember the exact numbers as it's been years since I did mine, but if you're considering replacement speakers, pretty much any decent off-the-shelf speaker rated over 100W should be fine. I'm running some $35/pair blue-cone Pioneers front and rear, and if memory serves they were rated at about 160 or 180W apiece. They've been in there for four years and have worked out fine with the factory amp. Didn't replace the tweeters; couldn't see the need, but they've held up OK.

If you haven't pulled the speakers yet, be prepared to marvel at just how poor the Infinity speakers are. Even with the factory radio, replacing them will improve sound immensely.

An 100W speaker wouldn't be an optimum match for the stock system. You would need a more powerful amp to get them to sound really good. Stick to something lower.. Infinity references are pretty decent.

Thanks for the reply.
I have just found another FSM which appears to be complete and does actually have the audio section. However all it says is the amp is 100w.
No indication if that is 100w per channel - RMS or peak, etc.
My problem is actually that the stock amp has one dead channel.
What I want to do is replace it with one which can handle speaker level inputs or pre-amp depending what comes out of the headunit.
I also want a pre-amp out to feed to my sub amp, eliminating the line out
converter.

I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter what the output on the new amp is, as soon as the speakers exhibit signs of being overdriven I will know not to push the volume past that level!

It's just that I usually try to match my systems so some bonehead doesn't accidentally blow the speakers.

Its total watts. I don't know if its RMS or peak, but its still pretty weak. Here are two good options: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1022568 I'm probably going with the Pioneer because it pushes more and is a class D amp. Both accept RCAs or speaker inputs. If you are keeping the stock speakers (which I suggest you don't) you could get away with a cheaper amp or no amp at all depending on what head unit you are going with. There is also a wiring harness available so you don't have to hack the stock wiring harness when you install a new amp.

One other thing to consider is that your dead channel may not be the amp's failure. Check the wiring that goes into the door for the speakers. They tend to break in the rubber boot that goes between the body and the door.

Nope it's the amp - I tested output at the amp connector.
I actually replaced the front with Infinity reference splits a while ago.
Everything sounds great. The headunit is an RBQ factory unit from a Patriot that I picked up online from a dealer. It's a in-dash 6 disc shuttle.
I like the stock look, and not having to find place for a separate cd changer.

Back