• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats the difference between Renix vs early HO fuel pumps?

jeepnfreak

NAXJA Forum User
My 1992 limited lost fuel pressure and the pump was real loud so I am looking at pumps. Calling me cheap is a compliment to me, plus I like shopping around. I have noticed that Renix pumps are much cheaper. I have also noticed looking through Rockautos online catalog that the same ac deloco pump is listed for both my vehice and a 1989 XJ with the 4.0. This suggests to me that some of the pumps interchange. I know someone reading this knows what the differences are, if any, and what will work. I am pretty sure this question has been asked and answered here before, but i have had no luck searching repeatedly. Thanks Don

Same part number they interchange.

Fuel pressures stayed the same for the 4.0 from 87-95, however the pump part numbers did change along the way, but I don't know why.

Bosch 69302 is my pump of choice for my Renix and is listed for your 92 also. Your 89 and 92 interchange, no problema.

as Joe stated, the pumps will be the same through those years, but the pump assembly differs a bit due to a different wiring harness on the 91-96 models I believe.

96 is the bastard red headed stepchild as far as fuel pumps/gauge senders are concerned. 95-down is mostly the same as was already said, 97-up is mostly the same (different mechanically from 95-down) and has the gauge sender flipped by all reports.

Ok first off thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the part numbers JP, opens a whole new search option. I have got the pump out (bosch) there is what appears to be a ruber tip missing on the very bottom (not on the pump but the other line). I have heard it called the foot on a install post I read. Is this part available? Anyone know a part number, or the name of the part. I have nearly half a tank and I would let it float around in there instead of dropping the tank if I can buy a replacment. Thanks Don

Mirror and safe flashlight time!

The Black rubber stopper/foot may be stuck in the recess in the bottom of tank. (Epoxy the blankety blank thing to the support tube before reinstall.)
Also check the short rubber tube connecting the actual pump to output is secure at both ends.

----------------------
(might do bit of search on Gojeep's fuel tank vent mod and threads, while its open)

Good Luck,
Orange

I am running again. I made my plug out of fuel line and a short stainless bolt. Turned out the hose going to the pump had gone away, (been sucking air for a while) holds much better fuel pressure now. Looks like I may have a spare pump on the way.

Back