• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP 231

What's a good price? (ie: what's your price range) What year is your rig? What transmission?

We need to know these things to be helpful.

Give Colorado Auto and Parts a call - decent prices and a 30-day guarantee. Cheaper if you pull it.

Before I discovered "The Cherokee Parts Source," aka The House of Heeps, I got a tranny from Stadium Auto Parts. Not the cheapest ($600), but it was pulled, spotless, and I needed it fast. They have a 231 from a '96 for $275.

Steve

I give up.

Ya know, you're really not to far away from something like this....
price wise.

If you want a deal, though, you really do need to post all the correct, pertinent info. Someone like Troy, or one of the other butchers on here, can probably hook you up.

I've got an AW4 tranny with a NP231attached to it sitting in my garage. It's out of a '94.

Frank - he posted up a while back asking for some help diagnosing a nasty noise.... he came over and without a doubt - his t-case is about to grenade.

Navy is gonna want a '91 to '94 231 t-case. Anything newer will have the different output shaft...... but if the deal is right and he can get the driveshaft from an auto that mates to an 8.25 to go with it, then he'll be fine with '95+.

If he is gonna replace his TC I would suggest he replace the output shaft of the replacement TC with a beefier output shaft from an aftermarket manufacturer. Also suggest a SYE at this time.
It's def the weak link in the factory drivetrain, I went through two shafts before upgrading.
navyblue123, let me know if you are interested, they came out of a wrecked '94 and were working good before the accident, so I was told. We can seperate the TC and AW4 I have, but I would prefer to sell them together, just to get more space in my garage.

Back