• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4-question?

87-90 Have a 21 spline Aw4

91+ have a 23 spline

You can still use it if you change your Tcase input.

just wanted it as a spare the guy only wanted $50 for it. I really just wanted the transfer case from it but its a 249 and mine is 242. because I have a nasty grinding noise im trying to track down and thought I would replace my transfer case just to see if that would fix my grinding problem. think im gunna try puting new universals on the rear drive shaft and go from their.

Or just treat the tcase and transmission as a unit :dunno: That's what I'm going to be doing on the MJ I just bought, since it needs a 4WD swap anyways.

The power/comfort will work since that's a function of the TCU, but yeah, the spline count is different like AIbandit said.

Before you buy, check the fluid color, if it's really black and burnt smelling don't pay as much for it, it'll be in worse shape internally most likely.

Back