• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power lock issues

blue96jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Well here is the story my drivers side door started sagging last year and some water got behind the door panel and messed up the wiring. The other doors started not getting and power, well after testing i found out the wire harness got water damaged and i had to splice in a new one.

That fixed the power problem but now the rest of the doors are acting up. They all have power and all the switches work but they don't unlock with the switches ,but they will lock with the switches.

I am thinking that the solenoids are going bad but on all four doors at the same time. Does anybody know what the ohms reading on a new actuator is the FMS only states to apply 12v to motor terminals if motor operates than its good. well the motors work cause they lock the doors they just don't seem to have enough oomph to unlock them.

-Ryan

I've been having problems with my 98 and researching...
I think you need to replace one of two relays in your kick panel. One kicks power to open, one kicks power to close.

Back