PDA

View Full Version : WTB- JL Stealthbox or custom box for xj

jackdaniels
January 24th, 2010, 19:16
so anybody out there have a JL Audio stealth box for an xj? or if there is a BAMF NAXJA member that can make 2 boxes one for each side of the cargo area that would be better! color doesnt matter for the stealthbox i can get it reupholstered.

99 xj with black(agate) interior 4-door.

Please PM with prices and pics if pos.

thanks

jackdaniels

G.P_XJ
January 24th, 2010, 19:26
here's another opton, about 1/2 the cost of the JL audio

http://www.quadratec.com/products/74136_700.htm

jackdaniels
January 24th, 2010, 19:31
thanks for the info/options, i really like the jl style because it looks clean! worst case i will go that route.

XCastleXJ
January 25th, 2010, 09:06
ive only ever heard bad things about the XJ pod. i havent heard one myself but most everyone's opinion is that they sound terrible.

jackdaniels
January 25th, 2010, 19:05
that is all i have heard about them also, i guess they rattle alot.

i am wanting 2 boxes one for each side that are similar to the stealthbox.

i really wish i could find a local NAXJA member that can custom make some.

and yes i know i can go to car toys or some other place to get them made, but tryin to locally before i pay big box places.

jackdaniels
January 25th, 2010, 19:58
should i post up an ad in the colorado thread for somebody that can build custom boxes?

XCastleXJ
January 25th, 2010, 20:06
i think there are a few guys around here that have utilized the cubby hole to make custom boxes. actually i know there are. im not sure if anyone's done one on the drivers side where the spare goes but i'd assume it'd be a similar build.

there are alot of threads on custom box builds and various audio system installs. if you're comfortable with a jig-saw and drill im sure you could build one yourself. you can do some searching and find some "how to" write ups.

mcantar18c
January 25th, 2010, 20:48
PM sent

jackdaniels
January 25th, 2010, 21:47
i think there are a few guys around here that have utilized the cubby hole to make custom boxes. actually i know there are. im not sure if anyone's done one on the drivers side where the spare goes but i'd assume it'd be a similar build.

there are alot of threads on custom box builds and various audio system installs. if you're comfortable with a jig-saw and drill im sure you could build one yourself. you can do some searching and find some "how to" write ups.

well, i'll tell ya if it dos not come in lincoln log form it will wind up looking like crap. you should have seen my last ported box it was bugly!

XCastleXJ
January 26th, 2010, 07:05
well, i'll tell ya if it dos not come in lincoln log form it will wind up looking like crap. you should have seen my last ported box it was bugly!

bahaha. thats funny stuff. good luck in your search!