• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wj brakes with ome lift...

recycledxj

NAXJA Forum User
I just scored a used ome lift cheap and I'm spending the better part of Monday installing the kit.

My question is that I have a set of wj knuckles that I want to use so I can have cross over steering. I know that I don't need it with that small amount of lift, but my old built up jeep had the teraflex high steer setup, and I loved the way the steering felt, on and off the road.

I guess I should get to the question... would using a flatter pitman arm permit to using the stock trackbar mounts? I reall don't want to to get rid of my bds trackbar...

Like the previous post says, kinda hard to tell. If you leave the tierod and draglink under the knuckle (meaning don't flip the tierod) and use a flatter pitman arm (maybe one off a TJ, I think they are flatter) it may work. It also depends on how much lift you are running, your draglink may end up really steep.

I say do the lift first and then take measurements and see how the angles will end up. Just remember the draglink and tracbar need to be parallel.

I understand what you guys are saying.

I guess what i should have asked if any body has done the wj brake swap and used there factory track bar mounts?

I guess what i should have asked if any body has done the wj brake swap and used there factory track bar mounts?

I guess what I should be asking has anybody done the swap and was able to use the factory trackbar mounts?

Back