• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tach acting up...

cito57

NAXJA Forum User
I have noticed that at speed in excess of 65 mph on the interstate my tach will be at about 2200-2500 rpm...suddenly it will rev up to about 3000 or 3200 rpm and then drop back down. It does this repeatedly. Any ideas? Is it tranny related?

how can i tell if it's my torque converter or not? I had a tranny fluid leak in the past but i always make sure there is enough fluid. I'm not sure what's going on.

cito57 said:
how can i tell if it's my torque converter or not? I had a tranny fluid leak in the past but i always make sure there is enough fluid. I'm not sure what's going on.

when it revs up... are you letting off the gas a little?

that will unlock the torque converter.

I have a little DIODE that lights up when ever the TC sends 12v to the number 3 solienoid. so I know when it locks and unlocks.. I think my TPS is screwed up... because it will lock and unlock at the slightest change in throttle posistion.

Back