• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

longer rear brake line

Char-Broil

NAXJA Forum User
searched...im sure its out there but im impatient. i just boosted my 87 about 2.5" maybe 3" in the rear. the rear brake line will rip off if i flex it at all...so, i need to pick up a longer one this weekend before i wheel and i don't have time to mail order one or go out to quadratec and pick up a braided line. So my question is whether or not a yj line is longer and would be an ample replacement for my stock piece. i have heard the front lines are longer but can't remember whether the rear is or not. thanks

i went with a 96 dodge dakota rear line. great fit for me and way long even at a net lift of 5+ in the rear. now i dont have to worry about it. value my front yj lines too.

stewie said:
i went with a 96 dodge dakota rear line. great fit for me and way long even at a net lift of 5+ in the rear. now i dont have to worry about it.
x2, what i used and they are plenty long

stewie said:
i went with a 96 dodge dakota rear line. great fit for me and way long even at a net lift of 5+ in the rear. now i dont have to worry about it. value my front yj lines too.
x3 except I buy everything through http://www.rockauto.com/
cheapest prices around and really fast shipping.
I got the link from another post a few months back.

i made the mistake of getting the lines for ABS. at the time i put them in i had abs, but i also had the 8.25 waiting to go in. i could have saved a lot of coin by getting the lines for non-abs equipped and then disabling my abs by pulling the relays since its toast now.

hope it saves someone some work and $$.

I used YJ lines for all of mine, they are a bit longer, with a flexy 6.5" lift they never max out.

i'm picking up the yj rear line and getting some yj fronts from a friend. thanks for the help! i'f my ss braided line breaks on my 94 i'll go with a dakota or f250 line i guess!

Back