• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BDS leaf spring question

rkates

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently running a RC 4.5 leaf with RC 2'' shackle. I come across another jeep and it has the 3'' bds kit on it. My thought is swapping springs and installing one of the shackle relocation brackets to make up the difference in the height.

The problem is not much is said about BDS stuff other then expensive. Is the BDS spring gonna be a better spring than the RC? Ride quality and prone to sag?

I haven't personally went with BDS but I have never heard bad things about them, only good. I'd assume the BDS springs are much better than the RC ones.

I run BDS springs and let me say, they are far better than the Rancho springs I had on previously. I'm not sure how they compare to RC but I would bet they are an upgrade from RC.

I've been very impressed with my BDS springs. Very level from the start and at the specified hight, they have not sagged noticeably in two years, they ride great empty and when loaded for a trip they perform wonderfully too. I recommend them highly.

I currently run 4" BDS leafs with 1" inch shackles and a 1.5" blocks and my jeep rides smooth. I have only had the springs installed for about 8 months but there is no sag.

I have a BDS 3" kit plus there 1" shackle and spacer. Been on for 4 years. No problems what so ever.
4737_90280884145_502124145_1779109_.jpg

Back