• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wtb: 30 or 31" tires

I got a set of 31 10.50 16 BFG ATs that are brand new (less than 1500 miles on them). Dunno what size rim you've got though. Let me know if you're interested.

Don't you mean 13x10.5x15???

They don't make a "31" in a 16" rim. It'd be a 265/75/16.

If they are 15's then I'll take em. How much?
Will they fit a stock Xj for a week or two till I can get a bb on?

Uh........ no. :twak:

30" will just barely fit and that's as long as you don't go bumping up sidewalks getting into the driveway......

This is what 3.5" and 31's looks like:

29800350022_medium.jpg

Pretty clear to see how 31's wouldn't fit without the lift right? :thumbup:

For perspective, this is a 29" tire (235/75/15) which is the largest stock tire put on an XJ by Jeep. Considering the springs have sagged a bit on your rig....... they're gonna be kinda tight:

100_3441_edited.jpg

Don't you mean 13x10.5x15???

They don't make a "31" in a 16" rim. It'd be a 265/75/16.

They're a 245/75/16, and measure out to 30.5". My brother had them mounted on a set of stock 16" Rubicon rims, and they measured the exact same as my 31/10.50/15 BFG A/T's that I had on my XJ.

Sorry for any confusion. :gee:

Edit: They are also recaps. Suppose that this could be part of the reason they are so close to a "true" 31. *shrug*

Uh........ no. :twak:

30" will just barely fit and that's as long as you don't go bumping up sidewalks getting into the driveway......

This is what 3.5" and 31's looks like:

29800350022_medium.jpg

Pretty clear to see how 31's wouldn't fit without the lift right? :thumbup:

For perspective, this is a 29" tire (235/75/15) which is the largest stock tire put on an XJ by Jeep. Considering the springs have sagged a bit on your rig....... they're gonna be kinda tight:
Those look like 32's ... But I'm sure I'm wrong. Only reason I asked is because Karens jeep has a 2" teraflex lift and 30's and the tires look a bit small...

I could always take the flares off...

I guess I'm still in the tj mindset that you can clear 33's with a 2" bb with room to spare. My plans for this Xj is some moderate weekend wheeling while it's my dd, then building it big and clean like that guy from Arkansas jrsxj's rig that twisted his shaft on the low road on Saran. What a clean rig....
The new Xj troy sold me is clean as a whistle now that I took the pin stripes off, removed the door bumpers , and straightened out the fenders. I'm also thinking about taking off the rear passenger door panel and trying to pop out those two door dings. I don't have much else to do till money permits!!!

100_3441_edited.jpg

SurfXJSnow said:
I guess I'm still in the tj mindset that you can clear 33's with a 2" bb with room to spare.

We'll forgive ya...... don't let that happen again though. :twak: :D

SurfXJSnow said:
The new Xj troy sold me is clean as a whistle now that I took the pin stripes off, removed the door bumpers , and straightened out the fenders. I'm also thinking about taking off the rear passenger door panel and trying to pop out those two door dings. I don't have much else to do till money permits!!!

SPOBI w/o pics.........

stop posting bogus information -- he's saying prove it or you're full of it!:laugh3:

Back