• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

remanufactured engines

Just pick one up from the dealer. You can get a long block for 1,500 and it comes with a good warranty. That is what I will most likely do when mine takes the plunge, unless some one knows a better place.

I would go for a long block but never a head. They always knurl the guides and that lasts only 15k miles. You always want to sleeve the guides.

I bought my 4.0 from ATK and it came with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. The cost was 2000.00 shipped to my door, however, once i had the old engine removed I put it in the crate the new engine came in and called them back. They sent out a truck two days later, picked up my old engine and credited me back 300.00 dollars. Total cost was 1700.00 You can also get an upgraded warranty covering car rentals, towing reimbursement, fluid loss, etc. Their website is www.atkna.com if you are interested.

Jasper is another one, we currently have a 2.6l V6 in the wifes oldsmobile as well as a jasper reman tranaxle. In my 98XJ I have a 4.0L jasper reman, good warranty and it came with alot of new parts like hoses, tstat, waterpump, etc in the installation kit. The wifes jasper is going on 5 years now and runs well. The engine also has full coverage from any jasper dealer. One of my sons friends had his 2.5L go in his TJ while they were on a trip to florida 4 weeks after he had it installed, it was covered by them and a shop near disney put another jasper engine in in less than 2 days. Also delived it back to them at disney.

Back