• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Restart after airbag deployment. 99 XJ Sport

jeepnfreak

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at a wrecked 99 sport for a parts vehicle. It hit an exployer and deployed the bags. I have no intentions of returning vehicle to service but would really like to hear it run and possibly drive it on the trailer. In searching around I discovered some manufactres blow the battery cable, or turn off the fuel pump on deployment to prevent fire. My question is what if any method does Jeep use? and how to reset or bypass for test purposes. Thanks Don

nothing should be needed other then turning the key and firing it up, ford uses fuel cutoff on impacts, and general motors has a similiar setup on the positive battery cable, jeep dosnt use anything, should be fine to drive on a trailer

something like this:
thayerf-itsalive.jpg

I am doing a similar project, I bought a 95 XJ wrecked with airbag deployment and I put the hole system in my 88XJ. I have no fuel pressure, I have not found a reset button, but I did find two blown fuse, 30 Eng. in engine compartment and #13 on fuse block, I don't have a diagram of #13 so I don't know what it is for. I replace both and still no fuel pump. If I find out what is wrong I will repost on this, If anyone else has any info about this please help me out too.

Back