• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Pump: 5 Choices From Napa?

danwho

NAXJA Forum User
Which one should I get? 99 4.0

Bosch BSH N67658 $399
Bosch BSH N69316 $139
Delphi DFP FE0247 $164
Napa NFP P74186 $142
Napa NFP P75040M $241

Big price spread. Anybody use these or have an opinion?
I would typically choose one in the middle price range, throw out both hi and lo.

You are not comparing the same products. If you pull up this stuff in rockauto.com, you would see, for instance, that the cheaper Bosch pump is just the pump (and filter), the more expensive is the fuel pump assy (including gage sending unit and float, flange and more). By the way, they are $105 and $305 at rockauto. I have heard nothing but good about the Bosch pump.

Yeah, I noted the difference between the assembly and the pump.
I guess my question would be, is it better to replace the whole thing or just get a new pump/gasket/filter.

I don't really know what I need to just remove/replace the pump.

OK, that's is the info I need. Thanks winterbeater

You're going to want a tool to remove the plastic retaining ring from the top of the tank as well. That sucker is usually on there pretty tight and stuck to the nitrile gasket. If you don't have the tool, you can buy a new retaining ring as OEM part number 5200 5389 from quadratec and the MOPAR resellers for fifteen bucks or less, and a new gasket as OEM part number 5201 8808 for about the same. Then just cut the old retaining ring in one spot (being careful not to cut into the threads on the tank) and pry it loose.

As long as you have the gas tank down, I always recommend replacing the entire fuel pump "assembly" on the 97 and up XJ. If one component in the assembly is failing, the others may not be far behind.

The fuel pump assembly consists of the pump/regulator/filter/check valve.

Back