• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MAP adjuster or Adjustable FPR (LT1 injectors)

maybe2fast

NAXJA Forum User
1996 XJ, 4.0, 99+ intake, cone intake, muffler, LT1 injectors.

long term is at -15.99% way rich and the ECM knows it, the LT1 injectors flow @25.5lbs @ 49psi

Factory LT1 specs
Ignition ON Engine OFF 41.0 to 47.0 psi
With Regulator Vacuum Applied [1] 3.0 - 10.0 psi less than Ignition ON Engine OFF REMARKS:
[1]
May be checked with either of the following methods.

With Pressure Regulator Vacuum Line Attached at normal idle speed.
Ignition ON Engine OFF with 10 Inches Of Vacuum Applied To The Pressure Regulator.

If an adjustable FPR was installed these injectors could be matched perfectly to the ECM. Right?

Or am I better off making a MAP adjuster? The FPR sound much easier and would make the 6 nozzle LT1 injectors a perfect fit!

The reason for this post is I am worried that @ -15.99% the ECM might be maxed out as to how much fuel it can remove and I am running rich still and not getting the best MPG as I can.

The computer can pull or add 30-35%. 96s don't have the fuel return line, so adding a FPR won't be easy or cheap. I'd recommend a map adjuster and turn the voltage down from 5 volts to 4.8. Disco the battery to reset the pcm and then give it another go. Recheck the fuel trims and then adjust and reset. The more important figure is what the wide open throttle afrs are. You might want to let the pcm pull a little fuel out if it means you have max power in Open Loop(12.5-12.8:1). I'm running those injectors in my stroker.

1996 XJ, 4.0, 99+ intake, cone intake, muffler, LT1 injectors.

long term is at -15.99% way rich and the ECM knows it, the LT1 injectors flow @25.5lbs @ 49psi

Factory LT1 specs
Ignition ON Engine OFF 41.0 to 47.0 psi
With Regulator Vacuum Applied [1] 3.0 - 10.0 psi less than Ignition ON Engine OFF REMARKS:
[1]
May be checked with either of the following methods.

With Pressure Regulator Vacuum Line Attached at normal idle speed.
Ignition ON Engine OFF with 10 Inches Of Vacuum Applied To The Pressure Regulator.

If an adjustable FPR was installed these injectors could be matched perfectly to the ECM. Right?

Or am I better off making a MAP adjuster? The FPR sound much easier and would make the 6 nozzle LT1 injectors a perfect fit!

The reason for this post is I am worried that @ -15.99% the ECM might be maxed out as to how much fuel it can remove and I am running rich still and not getting the best MPG as I can.

Factory 96 XJ Specs
Engine at idle speed 338 kPa ±14 kPa (49.0 psi ±2 psi).

The fuel pressures are not that far off, infact if you have a weak pump they may cross each other. But the cross would be right at the peak of the LT1s pressure and the bottom of the XJs pressure. 47psi

INFO FROM ALLDATA

Back