• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winch query

Antiferret

NAXJA Forum User
Hi fellas!

Just scored myself a FREE Superwinch!:D

its a 6000lb model and i plan to put it on the XJ.:thumbup:

what is the cheapest way to mount it? i don't want an entire winch bar, just something simple in addition to the stock bumper.

ta guys.

If you do not want a whole bumper then get the Detours Backbone. Mark builds great products and it will work fine with your stock bumper and some slight modifications.

If you do not want a whole bumper then get the Detours Backbone. Mark builds great products and it will work fine with your stock bumper and some slight modifications.

I also recommend the detours backbone

yup, I concur...detours backbone.

if you want a full bumper, check out logans metal.

and, as mentioned, there are always used bumpers on the market. might have to wait a month or two, though.

There was an arb bumper being sold locally for 400.00 about two weeks ago. My budget was pretty strict, though, and I really liked the design of my logans metal better than the arb in a lot of ways.

]what is the cheapest way to mount it? i don't want an entire winch bar, just something simple in addition to the stock bumper.

ta guys.

what about putting a front hitch on and using a cradle for the winch. You really do not loss that much approach angle having the hitch there but adding the winch in a cradle into it will lessen your approach angle alot. If it were me I would wait till a good deal come along on a winch bumper.

what about putting a front hitch on and using a cradle for the winch. You really do not loss that much approach angle having the hitch there but adding the winch in a cradle into it will lessen your approach angle alot. If it were me I would wait till a good deal come along on a winch bumper.
When I priced a front reciever and a cradle I was 80% to the cost of a backbone

Back