• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 Yoke Question

BlueCuda

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a regular yoke available for the explorer 8.8(mines a 97 model 8.8). The flange adapter has worn out and won't hold a u-joint anymore and it lets the caps turn inside it. I figured this would be a good time to get rid of the flange setup if possible. I tried a local driveshaft shop with no luck.

How do the caps start to turn in the adapter anyways? The u-joint is in perfect shape but the caps turn in the driveshaft and the adapter? Baffles me how the u-joint can be in such perfect shape and have this happen. I tried caps from a new joint and they fell right through also. Thanks for any help.

I feel bad asking for this since my name turned black :D I have to get that fixed.

Clark

I would replace the flat flange adapter and keep using it. They are much stronger than the strap or u-bolt style. You might be able to use red locktite in the adapter ears to keep the caps from turning.

Back