• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sealing some radiator fins?

bmyohn

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced my stock radiator with a brand new CSF-3 core radiator. I also replaced the clutch, and as some of you know the clutch has the "death" tabs as i like to call them on the radiator side of the clutch.

Well my metal brace that sits on the new radiator touched the fins of the fan and it cut some fins in the new radiator. I cut the strap off and now there is clearance between the fan clutch and the radiator, but the radiator has a slight leak in some of the cooling fins

what can i do to seal these fins up so it doesnt become a bigger problem down the road?

Depending on where the leaks are you may have decent luck brazing the holes. Clean the tubes down to bare metal, use a good quality acid flux and some good 60/40 solder.

I just did this on my CSF and it seems to be holding fine.

This sounds like a good job for a radiator repair shop, if you're not used to brazing. If you pull the radiator out, it will not cost much. By the way, it is not the fins, but the tubes that would be leaking. The fins don't carry coolant.

Back