• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4x4 light self test?

Vanquish

NAXJA Forum User
So when I put it in 4WD, my dash light doesnt come on. Being really damn cold out im being really hopeful here.

Does anyone know if the 4wd indicator light is part of the initial self test? I dont recall seeing the light come on when I start my truck. I'd love to change a bulb instead of the switch on my transfer case :D

It's not part of the initial self test as far as I know - it's just wired to the switch. Still, try replacing the bulb first, it's cheaper and easier and far more comfortable as you noted.

EDIT: also, your shifter linkage could be out of adjustment so maybe it's not actually going into 4WD?

I dont think its the adjustment, I have no t-case drop and I haven't had any gear engagement issues.

Also i have RE3.5" and 32 MTRs and about 6" snow...its going into 4WD just fine :greensmok bilee dat

Cool, just wasn't sure. Yeah I would bet on a wiring issue, a bad bulb, or the switch... not much else it can be!

Might be a vacuum problem, if you have a D30 CAD and a NP231--but we don't know what you have, because you haven't shared with the rest of the kids.

Hmmm negative :D

2000, AW4/231 non-disco D30

xD

See, don't you feel better now? :D :D

Bulb, wire, switch--sounds like you are on it.

Might be a fun time to install LEDs!

The switch is probly shot. The factory switches are highly failure prone. I had the same issue with mine. Changed the bulb but no dice. The switch ran me 17 bucks or so and took five minutes to change. Also adjust the linkage.

Back