• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift and tire questions

grizzlypaugh

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently running 3in Series II AAL RC lift, 3/4in spacers, and 3/4in Rustys shackles. I have d35 front axle and 8.25 i the rear. I would like to end up with a 5.5-6in long arm kit, and 36X13.50-15LT IRocks eventually, so I was wondewring what gears I will need and what suspensions pieces you guys thinking?

you will need a 5.5- 6" long arm kit. trying to re-use your existing parts wont work out well.

the only way you have a dana 35 FRONT axle, is if you swapped in a ford TTB setup. (not likely)

you'll also need some moderatly beefy axles for 36's, not JUST gearing.

i recommend you checkout our mod tech section.

going 36's you will need to upgrade alot. you cant just slap on coils and leafs and think its going to perform well, you gotta take alot of steps along the way... personally, i would wheel it like it is for a while, learn to wheel a 3" lift then upgrade as your skill improves... going straight to 6 inches from the get go isnt always the smartest idea... they get tippy the taller they get

Search and read Mod Tech. With 36s, you probably will want to swap an entirely new axle in up front. 35s are really pushing it with the D30. You'll need new steering, maybe a new rear axle as well. You'll want to stiffen the chassis. There's a lot that goes into it.

Back