• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noisy disconnects?

REX J

NAXJA Forum User
Wondering if anyone has experienced a clunking sound from the rubicon express discos. When I have them connecting on the street and i hit a bump or something even minimal I can hear what seems to be the disconnects moving forward or backward creating a clunking noise. I was wondering if upgrading to JKS disconnects would solve this problem.

Yep, Mine clunks alittle.. but I think the RE ones are much easier to mess with on the trail.. How bad are the bushings in yours?

If you think those are bad, dont buy the rough country ones, holy crap are they ever loud!

The RC's are kinda noisy, but they're quiet compared to the old skyjackers I had with poly bushing. I can't usually hear the noises anyway since my jeep makes a thousand other strange noises :laugh3:

Im using the JKS Quick Discos they are freaking sweet!!! Yes they make a little clunking then again my Jeep make so much freaking noise I just add it to the list.

I also like how I can adjust them with a simple wrench and how the joints work. I scored them from a guy on Craigslist for 80.00$

Mine make noises too, its not the bushing on the bottom that makes noise for me, its the red part at the top that attaches to the sway-bar itself its always clunking around..

yeh, think i'm gonna go ahead and get some jks disconnects. I'll update this when i install them in case anyone is interested in the comparison.

My RE ones are super noisy i hate it. And everything on mine is tight and in good shape they are just super noisy! im looking to change mine out also.

Save your money. Just remove your sway bar. I've driven my DD '98 with a 6'' RE lift with 33's for a year now(10,000mi) with NO sway bar. Yes it has a little body roll, but you get used to it. Unless you take corners like you think you're driving a sports car there's no worry about rolling over. And it is safe unless you drive like a woman and tailgate people on the freeway. Put it this way, you'll never have to go thru the hell of having to be perfectly level to re-connect the damn things :)

Back